On Monday, July 28th we took E in for his upper GI barium study and to see the Infectious Disease doctor. Eli was SO brave and drank the barium even though he didn't like it. I think he did better than I would have done to be honest.
We saw ID doc that afternoon and found out that the upper GI was clear. Whew - that means the GI track as a whole is clear. So what is causing the fevers??? We don't know yet. The ID gave him a diagnosis of PFAPA, but we will repeat lab work and go see him again at the end of August. Then I suppose we should know more and possibly get a more definitive diagnosis.
If the fever stays on schedule, it should start any day now. Tomorrow to be exact to the 5 weeks, but it has ranged between 5 - 5.5 weeks religiously. So we wait....
Update Part 1!
6 years ago